U of I ARMORY TRACK & FLOOR
Physical Address: 505 E. Armory Ave., Champaign Illinois, 61820
Mailing Address: 1700 S. 4th St. MC-658, Champaign Illinois, 61820
Information Phone Number: 217-333-8333 | Coordinator's Phone Number: 217-333-0534
The Armory Track & Floor is a "Membership Access Only" facility. Access is limited to the following:
- University of Illinois Students with a valid student ID
- Campus Recreation Members
- Armory Track & Floor Members (See below for details on signing up!)
- Register Student Organizations (RSO's) with a reservation
- Teams or clubs within or outside the university wanting to use the facility during general use hours must contact the facility coordinator at email@example.com in order to receive permission to practice in the facility.
- The current month's schedule is posted and linked below. Download the schedule below, pick up a copy of the schedule in the Track & Floor Office, Room 190, or call our information line at 217-333-8333 for the most up-to-date information regarding special event conflicts.
- The Armory Track & Floor has an email distribution list to send out schedule information and special closure notices to our users of the facility. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list.
TRACK & FLOOR SCHEDULE
DOWNLOAD THE APRIL SCHEDULE HERE
It is suggested that you check this page periodically for updates to this schedule. The "Open" schedule and updates are also available on the "Calendar of Events" located on the bulletin board in Room 190, and on the Armory Track & Floor Information Line at (217) 333-8333. Please feel free to call the info line and speak with the attendant on duty during our open hours to receive the most updated facility usage information.
Due to the high volume of usage, it is recommended that you submit a request as soon as a need is defined.
Armory Track & Floor Facility Rental Fees
Outside (Non-University) Organizations
Requests for permission and scheduling the Armory Track & Floor are handled through the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. If your organization is interested in reserving the facility, contact the facility coordinator at email@example.com or 217-333-0534.
Registered Student Organizations
- Access the RO Space Request form online.
- Submit the form for initial approval to the Office of Registered Organizations, 280 Illini Union, 217-244-2357.
- The Office of Registered Organizations will grant initial approval and forward the form to the facility.
- Final approval is granted by the Armory Track & Floor Coordinator and no other individual or organization.
- Reservations are required up to 4 weeks in advance
RSO's are subject to rental fees when requesting exclusive access to the facility. Contact the facility coordinator for details.
Armory Track & Floor Memberships & Daily Fees are equal opportunity based.
1. Membership is not restricted to just University of Illinois associated groups or individuals.
2. No discounts are granted due to an affiliation with the University of Illinois.
3. Memberships are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Information regarding memberships and daily fees are available on this website or in the Armory Track & Floor Office, Room 190. Memberships & daily fees can be purchased in the Armory Track & Floor office, Room 190, located in the southwest corner of the Armory.
Download the Membership Agreement Here
Processing of memberships take place in the Armory Track office, Room 190.
Entry is permitted with an Armory Track & Floor membership card, an authorized I-card (student/faculty/staff that has paid the campus recreation fees), or payment of the appropriate daily fee.
Accepted forms of payment are cash, check (Payable to the "University of Illinois") or debit/credit card. Upon receipt of payment, the member will receive a membership scan card that will be necessary to gain access to the Armory Track & Floor.
Daily Fee / Membership Options:
|Daily Fee: $3
||Daily Fee: $5
|3 Month Membership: $30
||3 Month Membership: $45
|6 Month Membership: $50
||6 Month Membership: $75
|12 Month Membership: $95
||12 Month Membership: $135
|Senior Lifetime (55 and over)
|Lifetime Membership: $25 (one time fee)
* Family = An adult couple and any children under the age of 18 that live in the same home.
For more information regarding daily fees and memberships contact Eric Vetter, Coordinator of the Armory Track & Floor, (217) 333-0534, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children/Parent/Mentor/Coach Use Policy
Download the Policy Document Here
REGULATIONS FOR USE
Download the Armory Track & Floor Guidelines Here
Guidelines for Access to the Track
Access to the Armory Track & Floor area is controlled through a single point, Armory Track & Floor Entrance - Room 190, at the facility's southwest corner. All Armory users must enter and exit the track & floor area through this access point.
Rules for Use of the Track
- Faster runners should use lanes 1 and 2
- Joggers should use lanes 3 and 4
- Walkers should use lanes 5 and 6
- Run counterclockwise direction only
- No more than 2 people abreast while walking or jogging
General Usage Rules
- Reservations for the Armory Track & Floor usage must be preapproved. Armory schedules (including open jogging / walking) are posted on the doors to the main entrance to the track & floor area, on the "Calendar of Events" located in Room 190, on the Armory Track & Floor Information Line at (217) 333-8333, and on this website.
- No throwing, hitting and/or kicking of any object is permitted without the approval of the DIA.
- Children under the age of 18 (except University of Illinois students) must be accompanied an adult.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, motorized vehicles etc. are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Taping or marking the Armory track, floor or activity area is prohibited.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the Armory Track & Floor areas (water is acceptable).
- Please be considerate of all Armory Track & Floor users as well as facility supervisors.
- Please conduct your activities with concern for everyone's safety.
- Activities deemed unsafe or detrimental to the facility will not be allowed.
- Proper attire is mandatory for use of the Armory Track & Floor. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- The DIA is not responsible for misplaced, lost or stolen personal items.
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE (UAV) FLYING
Flying of UAV's (e.g., Model Airplanes, Drones, etc.) is allowed at predefined days & times during the academic school year. The rules and regulations for flying are very strict in order to protect the safety of the participants, spectators, and facility. Pilots are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of any University property damaged or destroyed. Download the full rules & regulations document HERE. Scheduled dates for the current semester are included in this document.
The Armory Track & Floor is 62,000 square feet of space. The center of the arch is approximately 95' high. The running track is 200m long in lane 1.
Download the Mileage & Lap Chart Here
TRACK & FIELD RESULTS
Below are results from meets hosted in the U of I Armory regardless of host organization and are timed by the U of I.
Live results during meets timed by U of I can be found at www.fightingillini.com/track/livestats.
2018 Fast Cow Invitational - 5/18/18
2018 Club Peaks - 4/21/18
2018 Illinois Twilight - 4/14/18
2018 St. John MS Invitational - 3/24/18
2018 Urbana HS Gene Armer Invitational - 3/17/18
2018 Uni HS Mini-Meet #4 - 3/14/18
2018 Rantoul Indoor Invite - 3/10/18
2018 Uni HS Mini-Meet #3 - 3/7/18
2018 First to the Finish Charger Invite - 3/3/18
2018 U of I Track & Field Club Relays - 2/24/18
2018 Uni HS Mini-Meet #2 - 2/21/18
2018 Orange & Blue Open - 2/17/18
2018 Uni HS Mini-Meet #1 - 2/7/18
2018 USATF IL Masters/Open Championships - 2/4/18
2018 Illini Classic - 1/27/18
2018 Illinois Open - 1/13/18
2018 USATF IL Dorothy Dawson Invitational - 1/6/18
ARCHIVED RESULTS FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS